Tuesday, August 5, 2008

On the Eastern Shore in Maryland


This past week I studied with Camille Przewodek near St. Michael's, Maryland. I learned that Camille is a wonderful teacher as well as an accomplished painter. The workshop was held at Maple Hall B&B on 10 acres along the eastern shore of the Chesapeake Bay. I painted the study above on the fourth day of the workshop.
This was my first week painting with a palette knife and I found it very interesting. I loved being free from the turp and medium. And mixing clean colors is much easier when using the palette knife.
Even though we were under some massive trees during one of Camille's demos, the Maryland hot and humid weather took its toll. This photo is of (l to r) me, Camille, and Nita Harper. Hot weather aside, this area of the country is absolutely gorgeous. I hope to return and paint there again. Around every bend is another scene that makes you want to stop, get out, and paint. Right then, right away.

No comments: